Sunday, February 16, 2014

McCalls 6102 tunic length with sleeves

Following on from the success of shortening the McCalls 6102 to tunic length, I thought I would use a piece of printed linen that I had in my stash, to make another one, but this time with sleeves. I wanted to use a pattern with minimal seams so that the large floral print was the main feature.
The photo doesn't show that the shape is A-line but it does show off the lovely print.
I am a real fan of binding the neckline with self-fabric bias binding as it makes the neckline sit nice and flat. I also hemmed the sleeves with bias binding but used it as a facing. Another top to wear with my white capri pants over the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice top. I like binding my necklines that way too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.