Monday, October 5, 2015

StyleARC's Lani Woven Tunic Take 2

I really like the Lani Woven Tunic so I've made a second version, this time using a linen-cotton blend that I bought at Spotlight a couple of weeks ago. This fabric didn't linger in the stash as so many of my fabric purchases do!
I made a few adjustments to the pattern so that I could highlight the print. I made the back as one piece cutting it on the fold. I joined the two left side back pattern pieces and as this made it an exact half of the back, I could then put the centre back seam on the fold.
The other change I made was to the right front panel. I added the two right side panel pattern pieces together and cut it as one. It meant that I couldn't include the optional pocket, but that was okay as it simplified the construction of the top.  
The rest of the tunic was made according to the pattern instructions. I'm looking forward to wearing it as a transeasonal piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.